Laparoscopic Gall Bladder Surgery
GallBladder Surgery to treat Gallstones
The gallbladder is not treated as the essential organ of the body and a person can live normally without having gallbladder itself. in absence or gallbladder, Bile (thick fluid) flows out of the liver through hepatic or common bile ducts directly into intestine.
Gallbladder Surgeons perform two types of Cholecystectomy:
- Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy
- Open Cholecystectomy
Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy is Gold Standard Treatment of care across world .
We are explaining the features of both the surgeries or treatments to cure gallbladder of the gallstones:-
- Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy:- In this process, A tiny incision is made in the abdomen through which laparoscope ( the thin tube with the tiny video camera) is inserted. The surgeon will have the clear view of organs and tissues on a Video monitor with the help of the camera which sends a magnified image. Surgeon or gallbladder specialist will separate the gallbladder from the liver, ducts & other structures carefully and will remove the gallbladder through one of the small incisions. Some of the key features of Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy are:-
- Normal physical activities can be performed immediately after a day of surgery
- Can go home same day
- No frequent doctor visits or dressings
- Less or Minimal Pain
- Open Cholecystectomy:- In this case, 4-6 inch incision is done in the abdomen to remove the gallbladder. General anesthesia is given to before operating and patents may require staying in hospitals for a week. Normal activities can be performed after appx 2 weeks time only due to pain. Open Surgery or Cholecystectomy is performed:-
- When Gallbladder is inflamed, infected or scarred due to previous surgeries
- When laparoscopic Cholecystectomy/ surgery is not possible due to dense adhesions .
After having open Cholecystectomy, people may have softer stools due to the absence of gallbladder.
Complications are less common from the laparoscopic gallbladder surgery when done by Hands experienced in Laparoscopic Surgery . The ratio of such complication is less than 1%.These complications can be injury to common bile duct ,injury to surrounding organ or structures .
Prior Consultation with Gallbladder surgeon is always pre-requisite to get clarity about the gallstones ,likely complications if you don't get operated and also about understanding the nature of surgery and pre and post operative management
After the surgery, contact your doctor immediately if:
- You develop a fever over 100F (37.8C).
- You have redness, swelling, pain, or drainage from the incisions.
- You become dizzy and faint.
- You have chest pain.
- You have nausea and vomiting.
- You become short of breath.
- You have abdominal pain or swelling that gets worse.
Our Available Gallstones Treatment Across India:-
- Gallstones Treatment in Delhi
- Gallstones Treatment in Gurgaon
- Gallstones Treatment in Bangalore
- Gallstones Treatment in Hyderabad
- Gallstones Treatment in Chennai
- Gallstones Treatment in Kolkata
- Gallstones Treatment in Mumbai
- Gallstones Treatment in Pune
- Gallstones Treatment in Jaipur
- Gallstones Treatment in Lucknow
- Gallstones Treatment in Patna