Appendicitis Is treated with the surgery by removing the appendix. The doctor will perform the surgery under general anesthesia. Early Surgery is recommended once the diagnosis of acute appendicitis is made . surgery will decrease the chances of the burst appendix.
Following treatments or surgical methods are used to treat to appendicitis:-
During this, Surgeons make some incisions and will insert laparoscopic tools to remove the appendix. A large number of appendicitis cases are treated with the help of laparoscopic surgery. There are many reasons choosing it among other surgical methods which are:-
- Comparatively less Pain, even after operation
- Fastest Recovery
- Early return to normal activities say 3-5 days
- Shorter stay in Hospital
- Less postoperative complications
Minimally sized incisions or scars
In many of the cases, Surgeon may find normal Appendix during surgery which is not required to remove. Some doctors may remove to eliminate the chances of the future possibility of appendicitis or some may correct the actual problem during surgery instead of removing the appendix
In this method, the incision is done in the right area of the abdomen or in midline to remove the appendix.
When to See Doctor/ Surgeon after Appendicitis Surgery
Once your surgery as well, you may have rest for some time and return back to normal activities. But if you are suffering from the following problems, you are required to consult with your surgeon once again:-
- fever over 100DC (37.8DC) with or without diarrhea
- chest pain
- Redness, swelling, pain in incision area
- Dizzy & faint
- Nausea & Vomiting
- shortage of breathing
Increasing Abdominal Pain & Swelling.
How to Treat Complications of a Burst Appendix?
Treating the burst Appendix will depend on the type of complication a patient is suffering from. Here are some of the examples of treatments:-
- Burst appendicitis:- Laparotomy technique will be used to clean the abdomen and remove the appendix or to make it infection-free.
- Appendicular abscess:- The surgeon may remove the pus from an appendiceal abscess after laparotomy and drain rest of the pus with the help of a tube through the abdominal wall. Antibiotics are given to control the infection Once you feel a symptom of appendicitis, you are required to consult with the nearest Appendicitis surgeon in Gurgaon.